Saturday, September 6, 2008

OUCH!! The dentist!

Before school started Sawyer and I went to the dentist to have our annual cleaning. Sawyer is a very difficult child to get to brush his teeth, so he ended up with four cavities and two teeth that needed to be pulled. One was infected and the other needed to come out for the new one to come in and to make some room in his mouth.
The dentist office wanted us to schedule all of this in 4 different appointments.
I had the hardest time getting him into the office, he was crying and throwing himself on the ground and trying to run away! (Yes very embarrassing)
I asked if they could just do all of his work that day because I didn't think I could get him to come back three more times.
So, we left the office with one very numb mouth and with two holes in his mouth!!
What a traumatic day for both of us!!
Needless to say Sawyer will now brush his teeth with one prompting from me.

1 comment:

jodi said...

Sounds miserable, Ethan's first appointment with the dentist is this month and I am not looking forward to it!