Sunday, September 21, 2008

Boating with Friends


This year we tried to go boating with all of our friends but everyone was so busy we only made it with a few. We took my good friend from work Sarah and her three kids, Savannah, Talia, and Caleb. We had so much fun and Sarah was able to get up wake boarding. While in the boat Sarah got bit by a large fly and it bled. We didn't think anything of it until a few days later I got a call from her tell me how it was all infected and they were worried it could be the plague!!!( so crazy!) She had to have it cultured and sent off for testing, she was also started right away on antibiotics. Thanks goodness she is okay and it wasn't the plague.
Matt and Sara and their boys Kaden and Treven were next to go boating. We we out having a great time. I must confess I didn't bring my camera on trip because for those of you who don't know Sara is a professional photographer and I felt way out of my league taking pictures with her! So Sara when you get a chance I would love for you to email me so pictures so I can post them. Matt went wake boarding first then Rob and then myself, Matt went out for his second run and after a short time the boat just stopped! After Rob and Matt looked at the engine it was determined that a belt had broken and we were stranded. Yes, really stranded we couldn't see a boat anywhere near us. Rob got out the CB radio and radioed for help, and who would respond to our distress? A little sail boat named the Plunger!! I thought we will never get home til 2 in the morning waiting for The Plunger to come and find us and then tow us in. So I got on the phone to my brother, who is a police officer, who put us through to dispatch and they were sending a office out to the marine to get us. LUCKILY we had ONE paddle and Matt was going to use his strong muscles and row us into shore(HA HA!) We have a spotlight on the boat and Rob got it out just in time as a large boat was driving bay off in the distance. We flagged them down and they were heading back to the dock in AF and they were nice enough to tow us back. Thank you kind strangers!



The boat is fixed and the last Wednesday we went boating with Dusty and Jane their cute kids and business partner Alson and wife Myla. We had a great time wake boarding and the kids rode the tube. Dusty cleared the wake, Rob did his back flip, and Jane was totally catching air on her jumps. Sawyer and Myla became friends quick building a hut under the boat with towels. We had just enough time and fun til the storm rolled in. Jane I also would love some pictures to post, I was in such a hurry I couldn't find my camera.
So thanks to everyone who went boating we had a lot of fun(despite the two incidents) and for those who couldn't make it lets do it next year for sure. (We hope by then to have a new boat!!)

3 comments:

jodi said...

Only Sarah would get bit by the killer fly out on Utah Lake! We would totally be up for boating any time if you need someone to take!

{jane} said...

Regardless of the year's bad boating karma, it's always fun! Next season will rock! We love you guys, and we need to get the kids together to play - soon!

The Funny Farm said...

Wow, all that trouble, but its just so much fun :), Thanks for inviting me in the bunko group, and I probally would join if I didnt just get invited in a group out here, thanks though, but if you ever need a sub, I will be very happy to! Oh, and my cell doestnt work out here, sorry, it kinda sucks.