Sunday, April 27, 2008

Shots



Thursday I took Taytem for her 2 month check-up. She now weighs 10 lbs 11 oz and is 21 inches long. She is no longer my preemie baby. I had to take her myself because she was getting 5 immunization shots and Rob can't handle seeing her get them! After the doctor's office we went to lunch with some girls I work with because Melanie is moving to California. During the lunch Taytem starting crying, screaming and just holding her whole body just rigid. I couldn't do anything to comfort her. She was crying and I was upset, it was a mess. I left the restaurant without eating and feeling horrible I could visit with my friends. After talking to my mom I decided to call the pediatrician. The nurse told me it was a reaction to the Pertussis in the HTP vaccination. She also told me that next time they can give her the shot without the pertussis. So sorry girls from work and I was serious she doesn't act that way all the time.

5 comments:

Erika said...

Teresa,

I hope that she is feeling better. I am sorry that you did not get to enjoy your lunch with us more. It was kind of a crazy lunch anyway with the amount of time it took.

Thomas family said...

TERESA,
I HAVE NOT SEEN YOUR BABY.. SHE IS SO CUTE!!! WE MISS YOU AT WORK HOPE YOUR HAVING FUN AT HOME WITH YOUR CUTE FAMILY.

MINDY

andrea said...

She is so big and cute! I have not got to see her in real life yet. Im so glad you are bloging, at least i can see her pictures. Hope to see her soon.

The Funny Farm said...

Teresa, you have such a cute little family! Your little girl is adorable! It makes me want another one so bad! I had no idea you had her, living in genola I never here anything, congratulations. Your blog background is so cute, I need to figure out how to do all that stuff. Anyway, keep in touch, Erica Peterson

Sara said...

So sorry about poor little Taytem's shots! I am not sure who it is harder on, Baby or Mommy, and my boys haven't ever had much of a bad reaction, just soreness, irritability and sleepiness, and I still feel sooo bad for them! Hug her extra for me! :(